This is a great recipe, it couldn’t be easier to make such a tasty low fat soup. In fact, I am reliably informed that, this soup is ‘free’ on Slimming World and Weight Watchers. A bowl of this after a bike ride on a cold day or when you get in from work and need something fast and warming is just ideal. It even freezes so you can make a big batch and freeze half of it for another day.
- Butternut Squash
- Large Onion (I like red ones best)
- Large Red Pepper (Green or Yellow works too)
- 2 pints of vegetable or chicken stock (I use Knorr stock cubes)
- Peel and de-seed your squash
- Cut squash into cubes
- De-seed and roughly chop your pepper
- Peel and cut up your onion
- Put all ingredients into a large pan that contains 2 pints of vegetable stock
- Bring to the boil on your hob and then simmer for 20 minutes or until squash is soft.
- When cooked, use a hand blender to zizz it until smooth – or your desired chunkiness. I like mine smooth
Sometimes I add a spoonful of curry powder at the start of cooking to make curried Butternut squash. I often add some black pepper when serving too. Its the simplest recipe in the world and I love it. Its a great soup and fills you up and is delicious. I have been using this recipe for about 8 years now and have never had it fail on me.